TTC Privacy and Personal Data Use Policy
TTC Privacy and Personal Data Use Policy
This Privacy and Personal Data Use Policy document applies to all websites, communications and contracts that are created, owned and managed by the Trader Training Company (“TTC”). You may amend any of the personal information that we hold about you, or update your marketing preferences, at any time by contacting us directly. We will also provide you with access to all information that we currently hold about you. If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact our Data Control and Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect
This section details the information we may collect about you. We explain why, and how, we use it.
Business Account Information
If you buy a course from us, or any other services, we will ask you for information relating to your purchase in order to facilitate the transaction with you:
- Personal details –Name and Title
- Personal address and contact details – Correspondance address, delivery address, contact phone number, and email address;
- Work information – Job description, company name
- Details for payments – Invoicing information, including payment instructions and payment card information.
Information we obtain from public sources
TTC does not attempt to gain any information about you from publicly available websites or sources.
Your Information: Lawful basis for processing information from you
In the course of doing business, we only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so. This includes the following examples:
- Consent of the User – We will only process personal information from you in the normal business process of dealing with course enquiries and bookings. For example, if you complete one of our course enquiry forms, we would ask for your consent if we wanted to use your personal information for any other purpose. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can manage your preferences with us by contacting our Data Control and Protection Manager at email@example.com
- Legitimate business purposes – Under business purposes we may have a need to process personal information if it falls within our normal business procedures. For example, where we are contacting you about an enquiry you may have made about one of our courses. We are always mindful of the rights you have in accordance with data privacy.
- Fulfilling Contracts – During the normal course of business we will need to use certain personal data in order to meet contractual obligations. For example, if you are a course attendee, we would need to process your delivery address to be able to send you information on courses.
- Legal obligation – If we are obliged to process personal information in order to comply with the law, we will do so. For example, we may need to process and retain customer invoice information to comply with financial regulations.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect personal information for the following reasons:
1. To conduct our business – We require some of your basic personal information so our services work as you would expect, for example, delivering correspondence to your correct address, providing access to our digital content, notifying you of changes to our services and dealing with customer services queries. We don’t currently record customer calls for monitoring and training purposes, but we may do in the future.
2. To maintain high standards – In order to provide you with the a useful and accurate user experience, we need to make sure that our products and services work as they should. Using personal information helps us understand how our clients use our Sites so we can make improvements. This includes testing proposed developments on our Sites, reaching out to our customers with market research surveys and hosting subscriber focus groups.
3. To correctly invoice our clients – If you are paying online for a course or any of our services we, along with our authorised payments processors, securely process your payment information to take payments, give refunds and to detect and prevent fraudulent
activity. We will also update your payment information in the event that a payment is unsuccessful. You can manage your payment information at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. To maintain compliance with our policies and terms – We monitor for breaches of our terms and conditions and copyright policies. For example, if a customer is using our copyright information for their own purposes. We would attempt to rectify this situation through appropriate legal or non-legal channels and with the full knowledge of the customer.
5. To send new product and course information to you – Our objective is to provide you with a good service so that you may consider using us for future work. In this case we do occasionally send product information to you that we believe may be suitable. You have the right o request us not to send information to you in this way (normally via email).
6. Advertising – We don’t currently advertise our services using any form of social media, advertising service or advertising agency.
|Data Requirement||Type of Use||Period during which the data is held by us||The reason we need to hold the data|
|Invoicing and bank payment information||Processing payments of invoices using the most recent payment method||7 years||We need to keep accounting records for
7 years by law.
Customer service queries
Complaint about our services
We normally keep this information for
1-years after the resolution of any query just in case subsequent .
|Communication history||Email providing course and services information from us.||1 year||We only keep our correspondence records with you for a single year|
|Course or event registration||Sign up information for a course||1-3 months||Your information is only held for 1-3 months after the event or course you attend to enable us to accurately invoice you for the TTC services you have used.|
|Market research||We do not undertake market research in any form.||0 months|
Who we share your personal information with
We do not share or disclose any information we hold about you to any third party for the purposes of soliciting business, gaining any form of revenue or information sharing in general. This is a strict policy which we adhere to.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will only hold information and data about you for as long as is legally necessary or for the purpose of completing business with you. We would also normally retain your personal information for as long as you are an active client. If you become inactive we may delete all information related to your account or services. We may warn you if access to our services is going to be withdrawn.
There may be reasons for holding your personal information for longer:
- If there is a statutory requirement to retain it;
- If there are legal reasons why we should hold it;
- To make sure we adhere to requests from you regarding direct contact.
Keeping your personal information and data secure
We have a policy to maintain your data carefully using technical and administrative security measures which ensure authorised access only and prohibit accidental and unauthorised access to the data. We do not hold any data outside of the EU.
Your data protection and access rights
Under data protection laws, you have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to object to direct marketing – your preferences, including in relation to direct marketing, can be found in your account;
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification of your personal data – you can manage some of this information in your account.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us directly on email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
TTC collects personal data in the normal course of its business. We have no links via our websites or any other connections with third party providers.
If you have any questions related to our use of personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trader Training Company Ltd
Registered Office: New Bridge Street House, 30-34 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6BJ,
Registered Number: 05218324
This policy is effective from 10/05/2018.